We have recently seen another great Amex offer : Get $150 free money at Wal-Mart or Target. This is a highly targeted offer, we got this offer on 2 out of our 7 cards. If you got this offer, obvious question would be how to maximize this offer? Can we buy gift cards? What gift cards are available?
Wal-Mart sells a variety of gift cards (mostly restaurants), but some Wal-Mart’s also sell visa gift cards. What’s great about these Visa gift cards is – You can load them to Serve. This could save you time and money, as you can buy a Visa gift card and load them to Serve during the same trip.
There are a couple of different versions I found at my local Wal-Mart, fees varied from $4.94 to $5.44 and both loaded to Serve successfully. These Visa gift cards are issued by Sunrise Banks. (Do not buy One Vanilla gift cards to load to Serve)
Things you should know:
- Your pin is the last 4 digits of the card number
- Make sure to verify that these gift cards are issued by Sunrise Banks
- Use caution when purchasing and loading to serve in the same trip
- As always, start small and make sure everything is working as expected
- There is always a possibility that your Wal-Mart is out of stock on these gift cards
- You may only use a maximum of 2 credit cards to purchase each card (Wal-Mart system did not allow me to purchase with more than 2 Amex cards)
Here is a snapshot of couple of these gift cards
Another version of the Visa gift card, but with a purchase fee of $5.44
It is great that you can buy Visa gift cards at Wal-Mart that can be loaded to Serve. If you are targeted for the recent Amex offer “Spend $100 ore more at Wal-Mart and get $30 back – Up to 5 times” , you may buy Visa gift cards at Wal-Mart to maximize the offer.
Ensure that the Visa gift cards are issued by sunrise bank, if you intend to load them to Serve.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution