Through 12/19/2016, you may get up to 100% bonus miles when you purchase United MileagePlus miles. This is tiered promotion, meaning you need to buy at least 30,000 miles to get the 100% bonus. I have received 75% bonus, so it is a decent deal, but not great to jump in to the deal.
If you buy the maximum allowed 75,000 miles, you will get 150,000 miles for $2,821.88 which equates to 1.88 cents/mile.
You need 80,000 United Miles for a one way business saver award ticket to India.
Things you should know:
- There is a purchase limit of 150,000 miles per calendar year per member, the bonus miles count towards the limit
- These are non-refundable transactions
- you can purchase a maximum of 75,000 pre-bonus miles with this promotion (if you are targeted for the 100% offer)
- Award seats are subjected to availability.
- It is generally not recommended to buy miles speculatively with out a specific plan
- You may consider United Mileage Plus Explorer card or Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card to boost your united miles balance.
Through 12/19/2016, you can get up to 100% bonus miles when you purchase United miles. This is a tiered promotion, you need to purchase a minimum of 30,000 miles for the 100% bonus.
If you buy miles for a business class award ticket to India, it will cost you $1,505 + taxes/fees.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution