Buying Visa gift cards with credit cards is one of the easiest method to meet the credit card minimum spend requirements for lucrative signup bonuses.
Apart from using these gift cards for daily purchases, you could also liquidate these gift cards at Wal-Mart by loading to a Serve / Bluebird or at a Target store by loading to REDcard. When loading with these gift cards, sometimes you may be denied for using the gift cards. Cashier would ask that the card should have your name printed on the card.
To solve this problem, you could buy personalized visa gift cards online.
Where to buy the personalized visa gift cards?
There are several online stores that sell personalized visa gift cards, of all the available options, “Giftcards.com” seem to be most reasonable in terms of activation fee and shipping fee.
Other stores include Simon Giftcards, Giftcardmall.com, Giftcardlab.com. These stores either have a lower limit per card or add shipping fees on top of activation fee, making it more expensive than buying in a store.
What are the advantages?
- You can buy gift cards online and they arrive to your doorstep with your name embossed.
- Activation fees is $4.95 per card
- Each gift card can be loaded up to a maximum of $500
- You can find free shipping codes by doing a google search – current code for free shipping is “SHIPHAPPY”
- I have successfully loaded Serve and REDcard with these gift cards.
Things you should know:
- You may be missing out on category bonuses when you purchase gift cards at a pharmacy or grocery store.
- Giftcards.com will cancel your order, if there is a mismatch with the billing address or any other security concern.
- There is a limit on the number of cards you can buy, limits are not known.
- Watch out for the potential fraud alerts from banks.
You can buy visa gift cards online at Giftcards.com. There is an activation fee of $4.95 per card and you may be able to find a free shipping code online.
If you decide to purchase personalized gift cards online, you should start slow, as your orders may be cancelled if you place too many orders
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions.