For a limited, Chase has increased the signup bonus for the Chase Freedom Credit Card to $200 after spending $500 or more on eligible purchases within 3 months.
And it gets even better, if you add an authorized user, you would get an additional $25 bonus if you make a first purchase within 3 months.
What is special about this card?
- No Annual Fee, which helps you build relationship with Chase for future credit cards
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in defined categories
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- You actually earn 22,500 points which is equivalent to $225 if you meet the spending requirements.
- In my opinion, the most important feature is the ability to combine points with Premium Credit Cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Plus Credit Cards. If you have Chase Freedom and any of the premium Chase Credit Cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Plus Credit Cards, you can transfer these 22,500 Chase Freedom Credit card points to frequent flyer Programs like United Airlines-Mileage plus, British Airways-Executive Club etc..
Refer a Friend- Bonus
One more thing, there is also a Refer a Friend program. you get $50 for every approved referral and your friend will get $200 Bonus after completing the $500 Minimum spend in 3 months.
T&C’s for Refer a Friend Program:
You will receive 5,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer A Friend site by 12/8/2014 (up to 10), whose First Use of the card occurs by 3/18/2015. Maximum bonus point accumulation for this offer is 50,000 bonus points (which equates to $500 cash back). Bonus points can be redeemed for cash back starting at 2,000 points for $20 cash back. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Freedom. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 50,000 per calendar year. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s First Use of the card for bonus points to post to your account. (“First Use” is a purchase, balance transfer, or any check that accesses the account, and does not include cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-a-friend bonus.”
Chase Freedom is a great No-annual fee credit Card. If you have Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Plus Credit Cards you can transfer the points earned through Chase Freedom credit card to Chase Partnered Frequent flyer programs.
If you already have freedom card, consider referring your family/friends so you can get a total of $250 within your family/friends ($200 signup bonus + $50 Referal Bonus) and If you are not applying through a referral link, you could get $225 ($200 signup bonus + $25 for adding authorized user)
Editorial Disclaimer: Content provided on this site including any opinions, analysis, information provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any Airlines, Financial Institutions or Experts. Links provided in this post are not affiliate links and do not earn us commission.