Per this flyertalk thread, you can now get higher signup bonuses for the following Amex cards.
- Earn 85,000 Hilton HHonors Points (normally 60,000 points) after spending $3,000 or more in first 3 months
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold status with your Card
- Earn 12x Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar at Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.
- $75 annual fee
Normal offer for this card is 60,000 points
This card has an annual fee of $75 (not waived for the first year), but offers gold status with Hilton HHonors rewards program as long as you are a card member.
Gold status offers complimentary breakfast, late check out, complimentary upgrades and many other benefits. If you stay regularly or have upcoming stays at Hilton hotels, complimentary breakfast can outweigh the annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 Hilton HHonors Points after spending $1,000 within 3 months.
- Enjoy complimentary Silver status with your Hilton HHonors Card.
- Earn 7 Hilton HHonors Points for purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- No Annual fee
- Earn 5X Hilton HHonors Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your card:
- at U.S. restaurants
- at U.S. supermarkets
- at U.S. gas stations
What can you do with Hilton HHonors points?
You can redeem Hilton HHonors points for stays at Hotels & resorts in Hilton Portfolio. 85,000 points is not enough for a one reward night at the top tier hotel as the top tier hotel costs as much as 95,000 per one reward night.
Here are a few sample redemption’s. Note that you can redeem award nights with points + cash rates (if available).
American Express has increased the signup bonus for its Hilton HHonors Credit cards. Hilton HHonors points can be more rewarding at lower tier hotels.
If you are looking for redemption s at top end properties, you may consider Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card which has an annual fee of $95, but offers 2 free weekend nights at any Hilton property after you spend $2,500 or more within 4 months. You can supplement the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card with the no fee version of Amex Hilton HHonors Card from American Express
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions