In this series of posts, we will look at the hotels you can book with points, under the following reward programs. We will discuss the Hotels in India, locations and the points needed for each reward program.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group(Club Carlson)
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
We will review Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) properties in India in this post.
Introduction to IHG
IHG is a global company with over 4,800properties across 100 countries. IHG considers India as one of the fastest growing market. It should be said that IHG has less presence in India with just 25 hotels (as of may-2015) than the other hotel chains like Starwood, Marriott & Club Carlson.
IHG operated with more than 10 brands and Kimpton being their newest brand. Kimpton is a boutique hotel with 65 properties across USA. However, You can not (yet) redeem IHG points for reward nights with Kimpton.
IHG Rewards Club is the loyalty program for IHG. IHG points can be redeemed for reward nights at over 4,800 properties across 100 countries.
How many points are needed per Award night?
You can get a free night starting at 10,000 points/night and the top tier hotel will cost 50,000 points/night.
You cannot redeem IHG points for premium rooms.
Here is a list of all IHG Hotels in India divided by number of points.
1. 10,000 points per night
2. 15,000 points per night
- Holiday Inn : New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
- Holiday Inn Express : Ahmedabad Ashram Road
- Holiday Inn : Amritsar Ranjit Avenue
- Holiday Inn : Mumbai International Airport
- Holiday Inn : Cochin
- Holiday Inn : Jaipur City Centre
3. 20,000 points per night
- Holiday Inn : Chandigarh Panchkula
- Holiday Inn : New Delhi Int’l Airport
- Crowne Plaza : New Delhi Rohini
- Holiday Inn Express : Chennai Mahindra World City
- Holiday Inn Resort : Goa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites : Hyderabad Gachibowli
- Crowne Plaza : New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
- Crowne Plaza : Gurgaon
- Crowne Plaza : Greater Noida
- Crowne Plaza : Ahmedabad City Centre
- Crowne Plaza : Bengaluru Electronics City
6. 35,000 points per night
- Crowne Plaza : Chennai Adyar Park
- Holiday Inn Express : Chennai OMR Sholinganallur
- Holiday Inn : Jaipur
- Crowne Plaza : Jaipur Tonk Road
How to earn IHG Points?
Simplest way to earn IHG points is by applying Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card. You can earn 70,000 points (80,000 points if you contact chase to match the 80,000 points offer) after spending $1,000 on eligible purchases within 3 months.
Hotels in India
Unlike other hotel chains, it is surprising that there are not many category 1 IHG hotels (10,000 points/night) in India. with 80,000 points from IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card you could get 8 free nights at the only Category 1 hotel – Holiday Inn : Pune Hinjewadi
Some of the best IHG point redemptions in India.
IHG Properties are not wide spread in India. But, you can find IHG property in all of the metros in India. Here are some of the best uses of IHG points in India.
As of May-2015, IHG has a fairly low presence in India, but can be found in all of the major cities. There is only one Category 1 hotel (10,000 points/reward night) in India.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution