You can now get 100,000 bonus Avios as signup bonus with the British Airways Visa Signature Card by Chase. You get
- 50,000 bonus Avios after spending $2,000 or more with in 3 months
- 25,000 bonus Avios after spending $10,000 or more with in first card membership year
- An additional 25,000 Avios after spending $20,000 or more with in first card member ship year.
Which means you get 50,000 Avios for spending $2,000 (25 Avios/dollar spent) and an additional 25,000 Avios for the next $8,000 spend (3.125 Avios/dollar spent) and an additional 25,000 Avios for the next $10,000 spend (2.5 Avios/dollar spent)
Annual fee $95 is not waived for first year. If you do not plan on spending at least $10,000 with this offer, you would be better of applying for the regular offer which gives you 50,000 Avios after spending $2,000 or more within 3 months and $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
How to use British Airways Avios?
British Airways Avios are extremely useful for short haul economy travel with American Airlines and Alaska Airlines. Redeeming for business class awards to India is not lucrative due to the recent devaluation of Avios.
BA Award Chart
You can redeem BA Avios for award tickets with Oneworld Alliance members and other partners, You can redeem BA Avios for Alaska Airlines awards, which could be great choice if you are considering going to Hawaii. You would have to call BA to make these bookings.
Here are a few sample itineraries to give an idea of the Avios redemption.
1. Chicago to Chennai in Economy Class with Cathay Pacific
2. Chicago to Chennai in Business Class with Cathay Pacific
3. Los Angeles to San Francisco in Economy Class with American Airlines
4. Bengaluru to Kuala Lumpur in Economy Class with Malaysian Airlines
5. Bengaluru to Colombo in Economy Class with Sri Lankan Airlines
You can get up to 100,000 Avios as signup bonus with British Airways Visa Signature Card. This is a great offer if you could spend at least $10,000 in the first year of card membership year.
If you are just looking for the first 50,000 bonus Avios, you would be better of applying for the regular offer which waives the $95 annual fee for the first year.
Thanks to Miles to Memories for generating the non-affiliate link.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution