Through 12/30/2015, you can get up to 50% discount when you buy United miles. This is tiered promotion, meaning you need to buy the maximum 150,000 miles to get the 50% discount.
If you purchase 150,000 United Miles during this promotion, it will cost you $2,821.88 USD (1.88 cents/mile)
You need 80,000 United Miles for a one way business saver award ticket to India.
If you purchase 80,000 miles during this promotion, it will cost you approximately $1,956.50+ taxes/fees
Things you should know:
- There is a purchase limit of 150,000 miles per calendar year per member.
- These are non-refundable transactions
- Award seats are subjected to availability.
- It is generally not recommended to buy miles speculatively with out a specific plan
- You may consider United Mileage Plus Explorer card or Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card to boost your united miles balance.
Through 12/30/2015, you can get up to 50% discount when you buy United miles. This is a tiered promotion, you need to purchase the maximum 150,000 miles for 50% discount – which will come out to 1.88 cents/mile.
If you buy 80,000 miles for a business class award ticket to India, it will cost you $1,956.50 + taxes/fees.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution