We have written exclusively about the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card, you could get 50,000 Membership Rewards points offer by following the trick discussed in this post. This can be great card for starters for various reasons.
- Low minimum spend requirements – Get 50,000 points after spending $1,000
- Ability to transfer to many frequent flyer programs – You can transfer to 17 airline frequent flyer programs
- Benefit from Amex offers
Effective June 01, 2015, American Express has enhanced the benefits of the Premier Rewards Gold card, here is the summary.
- 2X points at US restaurants
- Get $100 Airline fee credit every calendar year, towards incidental expenses by selecting a qualifying airline (Includes all major US Airlines – American, United, Alaska, Southwest, Delta ..)
- No Foreign transaction fee
- Annual fee increased from $175 to $195
How to select the airline for $100 Airline fee credit?
You could call the number on the back of the card or select a qualifying airline through this link.
You can maximize the $100 airline fee credit by buying Airline gift cards in small value ($25, $50). Check this Flyertalk thread for more information on what counts and do not count.
It is great that American Express has introduced new benefits to the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card. You can now get $100 Airline fee credit every calendar year for a $20 increase in annual fee.
If this card is in your horizon, you should consider applying for the 50,000 points offer.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions