Chase has upped the signup bonus for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card to 70,000 Points signup bonus (instead of the regular offer 60,000 points) after spending $2,000 or more in eligible purchases within 3 months. In the past, the spend requirement used to $1,000.
You will also get 5,000 bonus points when you add an authorized user and make your first purchase within the same 3 month period, which effectively means the sign up bonus is 75,000 points.
Some of the features of this card
- Enjoy a free night each year of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent when you stay at IHG hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 10% back on all points redemptions, up to 100,000 points each year.
- Platinum Elite Status as long as you’re a card member
- No foreign transaction fees when you use your card for purchases abroad
- $0 Introductory annual fee for the first year, then $49
75,000 points signup bonus is sufficient for 15 day stay at PointBreaks hotels and you would get back 7,500 points (10% back on all point redemption’s)
80,000 points offer(Targeted)
If you are not targeted for the 80k points offer, you could apply for the 70k + 5k points offer and send a secure message asking to be matched to the 80k points offer.
You can now get 75,000 bonus points with IHG Rewards Club Select credit card from Chase, 70,000 points after spending $2,000 or more with in 3 months and 5,000 points when you add an authorized user.
This is one of my favorite credit card due to the low annual fee and free annual night. However, this card is not great for daily spending.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions.