Citibank has increased the signup bonus for opening a Citigold checking account, You can get 50,000 AA miles for opening a new Citigold checking account. In the past we have seen 30,000 AA Miles offer, but it got better this time.
Through Dec 31, 2015, Citibank is offering 50,000 AAdvantage miles when you open a new Citigold checking account and complete the below requirements. This is a great way to boost your AAdvantage mileage balance without a credit card and hard inquiry.
Here are the details
Promo Code: 42ERCWNQU6
No Direct deposit required
Citigold checking account comes with a monthly fee of $30. (Waived for the first 2 months)
Should apply before Dec 31, 2015.
No hard inquiry on your credit report
If you hold a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard , you should be able to get this offer, even though it is marketed as a targeted offer to select Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card holders without a Citi checking account.
If you do not have the card, you may want to get the Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card and then sign up for Checking account to get a total of 100,000 AA miles (50,000 miles for Credit sign up and 50,000 Citi gold checking account).
Within 60 days, complete a purchase of $1,000 or more with your Citigold Debit card and perform 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive calendar months to a non-Citi account (paying your Citi credit card will not count towards the promotion)
Things you should know:
- 50,000 bonus miles will post within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you complete all offer requirements, which means it can be 5 months from the date account is opened.
- You may end up paying account maintenance fee of $30/month for 3 months ($90 total) before you get the 50,000 A miles.
- It would be better to open this in a branch, as the banker will usually help you with any delay in getting miles.
- Citi gold account comes with a monthly fee of $30, this fee can be waived by maintaining a $50,000 account balance, which is not practical for most people. If you get a helpful banker/CSR, you may be able to get another month free on top of the 2 months.
- I would recommend opening the account during the second half of the month. You can complete the bill pay requirements in Oct 2015 and Nov 2015 and $1,000 debit card purchases by second week of Nov 2015. This means you have completed the requirements within a month of opening the account.
- As soon as you complete the requirements, contact the banker who helped you open the account and notify that you finished the requirements.
- Citi also offers ThankYou points for Citigold accounts, you could earn up to 1600 points per month. Set up Auto Save and set up a direct deposit if possible.
- As soon as you get the miles in your AAdvantage account, Call Citi and request a downgrade of your account to Basic Banking (fees can be avoided with a direct deposit) or cancel the account.
- Another advantage of the going for the Citigold relationship – you can get a lower annual fee of $350 for Citi Prestige card.
Through 12/31/2015, Citi is offering 50,000 AA miles for opening a new Citigold checking account. Citigold checking account is the premium banking product offered by Citi and comes with several benefits. This promotion equates to 50,000 AA miles for $90, which is an excellent value.
To qualify for this promotion, you need to open your account before Dec 31,2015 and must be a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard holder.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions