Citibank has released the new promotion details for new Citigold checking account, You can get 50,000 AA miles for opening a new Citigold checking account. This offer is same as the last quarter’s offer.
Through Mar 31, 2016, Citibank is offering 50,000 AAdvantage miles when you open a new Citigold checking account and complete the below requirements. This is a great way to boost your AAdvantage mileage balance without a credit card and hard inquiry.
Here are the details
Promo Code: WD3QFS2Y4C
No Direct deposit required
Citigold checking account comes with a monthly fee of $30. (Waived for the first 2 months)
Should apply before Mar 31, 2016.
No hard inquiry on your credit report
If you hold a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard , you should be able to get this offer, even though it is marketed as a targeted offer to select Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card holders without a Citi checking account. If you have not received a mailer from the Citi, you may call the Citigold at 888-248-4728 to verify if you are eligible for the offer.
If you do not have the card, you may want to get the Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card and then sign up for Checking account to get a total of 100,000 AA miles (50,000 miles for Credit sign up and 50,000 Citi gold checking account).
Within 60 days, complete a purchase of $1,000 or more with your Citigold Debit card and perform 1 or more bill payments for 2 consecutive calendar months to a non-Citi account (paying your Citi credit card will not count towards the promotion)
Since Serve/Bluebird are shutdown for most folks, you could buy a money order at a grocery store and deposit in to your checking account.
Things you should know:
- 50,000 bonus miles will post within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you complete all offer requirements, which means it can be 5 months from the date account is opened.
- You may end up paying account maintenance fee of $30/month for 3 months ($90 total) before you get the 50,000 AA miles.
- You may be able to fund the initial deposit with a credit card if you open the account online.
- Citi gold account comes with a monthly fee of $30, this fee can be waived by maintaining a $50,000 account balance, which is not practical for most people. If you get a helpful banker/CSR, you may be able to get another month free on top of the 2 months.
- I would recommend opening the account during the second half of the month. You can complete the bill pay requirements in Feb 2016 and Mar 2016 and $1,000 debit card purchases by second week of Mar 2016. This means you have completed the requirements within a month of opening the account.
- As soon as you complete the requirements, contact the banker who helped you open the account and notify that you finished the requirements.
- Citi also offers ThankYou points for Citigold accounts, you could earn up to 1600 points per month. Set up Auto Save and set up a direct deposit if possible.
- As soon as you get the miles in your AAdvantage account, Call Citi and request a downgrade of your account to Basic Banking (fees can be avoided with a direct deposit) or cancel the account.
- Another advantage of the going for the Citigold relationship – you can get a lower annual fee of $350 for Citi Prestige card.
Through 03/31/2016, Citi is offering 50,000 AA miles for opening a new Citigold checking account. Citigold checking account is the premium banking product offered by Citi and comes with several benefits. This promotion equates to 50,000 AA miles for $90, which is an excellent value.
To qualify for this promotion, you need to open your account before Mar 31,2016 and must be a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard holder.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions