It is back, through Sep 30, 2015, Citibank is offering 30,000 AAdvantage miles for opening a new Citigold checking account. This can be a great way to boost your AAdvantage mileage balance without a credit card and hard inquiry.
Here are the details
Promo Code: 4YQY4RMDRM
No Direct deposit required
Citi gold checking account comes with a monthly fee of $30. (Waived for the first 2 months)
Should apply before Sep 30, 2015.
This is a targeted offer to select Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card holders without a Citi checking account. I am able to get this offer even though we are not targeted.
If you do not have the card, you may want to get the Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card and then sign up for Checking account to get a total of 80,000 AA miles (50,000 miles for Credit sign up and 30,000 Citi gold checking account).
Things you should know:
- 30,000 bonus miles will post within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you complete all offer requirements, which means it can be 5 months from the date account is opened.
- You may end up paying account maintenance fee of $30/month for 3 months ($90 total) before you get the 30,000 A miles.
- It would be better to open this in a branch, as the banker will usually help you with any delay in getting miles. If you are not a US Citizen, you would have to apply in a branch.
- Citi gold account comes with a monthly fee of $30, this fee can be waived by maintaining a $50,000 account balance, which is not practical for most people. If you get a helpful banker/CSR, you may be able to get another month free on top of the 2 months.
- I would recommend applying close to the end of the month and complete the bill pay requirement in July 2015 and Aug 2015, $750 debit card purchases by second week of Aug 2015. This means that, within a month of opening the account, you have met the requirements.
- As soon as you complete the requirements, contact the banker who helped you open the account and notify that you finished the requirements.
- Citi offers a $100 referral bonus for Citi gold accounts. If you know a family member or friend that holds a Citi account, they can get $100 for referring you to open a Citi gold account.
- Citi also offers ThankYou points for Citi gold accounts, you could earn up to 1600 points per month. Make sure to set up Auto Save and set up a direct deposit if possible.
- As soon as you get the miles in your account, Call Citi and request a downgrade of your account to Basic Banking (fees can be avoided with a direct deposit)
We have outlined our experience in this post, we got the 30,000 miles within 3 months of meeting the requirements. Another advantage of the going for the Citi Gold relation is you get a lower annual fee of $350 for Citi Prestige card.
Through 09/30/2015, Citi is offering 30,000 AA miles for signing up a Citi gold account. Citigold checking ccount is the premium banking product offered by Citi and comes with several benefits. This promotion equates to 30,000 AA miles for $90, which is an excellent value.
To qualify for this promotion, you need to open your account before Sep 30,2015 and must be a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institutions