Bank of America is offering 25,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles for opening a new qualify checking account. This offer seems to be targeted to select Alaska Airlines Visa Credit card holders.
There is also a similar promotion from Citibank offering 30,000 AA miles for opening a qualifying checking account.
- Open either a new Bank of America Interest Checking or Bank of America Core Checking account by July 31, 2015,
- Set up and receive two direct deposits of $2,000 or more each within 90 days of opening your account
Things you should know:
- Offer only available to customers who receive this offer via a direct communication from Bank of America
- This offer is not available to existing personal checking account holders or if you held a personal checking account in the last 12 months
- Bank of America may issue 1099-INT to reflect the value of the bonus.
- Miles will be deposited with in 60 days after meeting the requirements.
- No hard credit inquiry on your credit report.
We hold Alaska Airlines Visa Credit card, but did not receive a direct communication for this offer. Since there was not an unique code assigned for this offer, we decided to open a Core checking account.
When checked with a banker about this offer, he was completely unaware of the offer and their help center is of no help as well. I did not get a confirmation if I would get the miles, however he added a note to the account about the offer.
We will complete the two $2000 direct deposits quickly and check with the bank when we could expect the 25,000 miles. we will write another post once I have more information.
If you are an Alaska Airlines Visa Credit card holders, you may be targeted to get 25,000 Alaska miles when you open a qualifying checking account and complete two direct deposits of $2,000 each with in 90 days.
We have opened the account even though we are not targeted for this offer. we will complete the requirements and update if we receive the miles.
Be sure to read all the terms and conditions if you are targeted/planning to open an account.
Disclaimer: Links mentioned in this post do not earn us any commission.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analysis and any calculations shown are authors alone. Information in this post is not reviewed, approved and endorsed by any airlines, frequent flyer programs or financial institution